Dear Parent/ Carer,
As you are aware, alongside the electronic resources on the “Learning at Home” section of our website at https://www.theedgeacademy.co.uk/learning-at-home/, we provided all students with “physical work packs” at the start of the lockdown period. Following the positive feedback we received on the quality of the work packs, we are now delighted to provide a second pack for all Key Stage 3 and Year 10 students including academic and recreational materials (and a small treat!) for a hardworking, fun-filled few weeks!
Each student will have the following materials delivered to their home:
- “Safeguarding Reminder” postcard with numbers you can call in case of any issues/ a reminder of school website and social media details.
- CGP English Functional Skills workbook related to his/her ability.
- CGP Maths Functional Skills workbook related to his/her ability.
- A tie dying kit featured in our recent staff video message, including: white T-shirt, protective gloves, elastic bands, colour fixer, two powder fabric dyes and instructions.
- A reading book related to his/her reading age and a book review to complete.
- 58-page Game Changers workbook provided by the National Literacy Trust.
- Pack of playing cards.
- Puzzle book.
- Deodorant or shower gel.
- A pencil case.
- A4 exercise book.
- Colouring in pack.
Students who requested the “Chocolate Concrete” ingredients from our latest staff video challenge will also have those delivered to them free of charge!
Please remember that the Learning at Home section of the school website includes a huge variety of brilliant resources and materials to work though in all subjects, including Life Skills, PSHE, Music, Work Related Learning and work from the Albion Foundation as well as in our core subjects. There are now also new links to other learning platforms such as The Oak National Academy and BBC Bitesize daily lessons. Furthermore, do not forget to log in to Seneca Distance Learning using the email address and password sent to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any help or advice, or if you have any work you would like to return to myself or other staff for marking. My direct e-mail address is email@example.com.
Assistant Principal (Quality of Education)