We are writing to make you aware of a Government scheme that is in place which will see data allowances increased on mobile devices to help children and young people to access remote education while face-to-face education is disrupted.
Who can get help?
As a school, The Edge Academy can request on your behalf mobile data increases for children and young people who:
- do not have fixed broadband at home
- cannot afford additional data for their devices
- are experiencing disruption to their face-to-face education
Children with access to a mobile phone on one of the following networks might be able to benefit:
- Virgin Mobile
- Tesco Mobile
- Sky Mobile
How to request a data increase
If you feel that your child meets the outlined above, please contact the school by telephone, via our social media platforms or by emailing email@example.com
For each request, we need to know:
- the name of the account holder (this must be the bill payer or person who is registered to the SIM card)
- the number of the mobile device (a number beginning with ‘07’)
- the mobile network of that device (for example Three)
- whether you pay monthly or pay as you go.