We have had another busy week at the academy. All newly opened schools are monitored by the Department for Education in their first two years of opening and this week saw our 4th visit from representatives. They reported the following:
- Attendance is continuing to improve
- Behaviour systems that are being put in place is ensuring the focus on improving behaviour standards
- The academy’s new leadership team have a clear and accurate picture of the priorities and actions needed to improve further
- Positive relationships between students and staff contributes to students achieving well
- The academy is working hard on a new curriculum to ensure students achieve the best outcomes
We have a clear academy improvement plan in place to continue on the journey to outstanding.
In addition this week, the Year 11 exams and controlled assessments have started in earnest. Year 11 parents/carers will all receive a letter in the post next week confirming the arrangements during the main exam period.
It is a privilege for me to lead The Edge Academy and I am particularly keen to meet parents of students. If you have not had a chance to meet myself yet please do not hesitate to contact reception to arrange an appointment through my PA, Beverley Nicholson.