Coronavirus Update as at March 26th 2020
Further to my recent letters, I am writing with a further update following the government’s imposing of stricter social distancing measures across the country in recent days. Although we continue to remain open for students classed in government guidance as “children of keyworkers” or “most vulnerable”, you will probably be aware that the Education Secretary Gavin Williamson is now clearly stating that “If you are able to keep your child at home, you should”. I would therefore urge you all to ensure that your child is accessing the “Learning at Home” section of our website at: https://www.theedgeacademy.co.uk/learning-at-home/ This will supplement the work your child has already received in the “hard copy personalised workpacks”.
For those of you who have not seen the government’s newest guidance on social distancing for educational settings published on March 24th, key points are:
- A reminder that students, parents, carers or any visitors must not visit school if they are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus.
- Students coming to school should avoid or reduce any unnecessary travel on public transport.
- Students should continue to follow social distancing guidelines in school in the same way as they do at home.
- Students should wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds frequently, and are encouraged not to touch their face, while using a tissue or elbow to cough or sneeze and using bins for tissue waste.
- It is good practice for parents/carers to talk to students about all of the above and the full guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
Finally, the usual reminder that I would also be grateful if you could all check that we have your most up to date contact details so that we can continue to communicate with you all quickly and effectively. Don’t forget that as always, alongside any paper copies of letters and mobile phone texts, we post all of our latest news on the following social media platforms:
If you have any further questions or anxieties regarding this letter, please feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com.