11 July 2019
I am delighted to inform you that your child has been invited on a trip to Birmingham city centre and Solihull Ice Rink on Tuesday 16th July 2019.
The reason for the visit is recently every Pupil Premium/ Free School Meals student has filled in a survey about what they have and haven’t experienced. This was to help inform us of what events, trips and activities to complete to enhance the cultural capital of our students. Some of the most commonly identified activities in the survey will provide the basis for the trip.
The visit will comprise of the following:
- Return minibus transport to Solihull ‘Ice Planet’ ice rink.
- Two hours skate hire and ice rink time.
- A visit to key buildings and places of interest in Birmingham city which will include the Birmingham Central library.
- Return train transport from Grand Central to Northfield.
We will also provide a packed lunch free of charge to your child along with suitable drinks.
We will leave The Edge Academy at 9.30am and will return at approximately 3.00pm dependent on traffic.
Your child will need to take the following:
- Any further refreshments they may require or money to purchase their own drinks should they wish to do so.
Whilst we hope your child has an enjoyable experience on the trip, it is important that their behaviour, attitude to staff and the public and safety is paramount. Therefore, I ask you to talk to your child about the importance of staying with members of staff at all times and behaving in an appropriate and impeccable manner.
Please find a sheet attached including a reply slip you will need to fill in with important medical and emergency contact details.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or queries regarding the trip. (0121 533 5858)