At The Edge, we are committed to providing your child with the best education and support we can. Although we provide free meals for all of our students, we are writing to inform you that your child is eligible for “free school meals” status if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Registering for “free school meals” status could raise an extra £900 for us at school, this could fund valuable support such as extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
To check if your child is eligible, we need information about you and your child. Please complete the form above and return to reception as soon as possible.
How the information in this form will be used
The information you provide in this form will be used by the council to confirm receipt of one of the listed welfare benefits. Once this is confirmed, this helps to decide how much money we will receive each year.
You only need to complete this form once and it will last for the duration of your child’s time at The Edge. You should contact the school or local authority if you have a change in financial circumstances.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal and sensitive information that we hold about you is protected and kept safe and secure, and we have measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will use the information you provide to assess entitlement to free school meals. The information may also be shared with other Council departments to offer benefits and services.